[BioPython] Question on Texttools conflict

Scott T. Kelley kelleys@ucsu.colorado.edu
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 15:49:31 -0700

I'm having some problems with TextTools while running Biopython on windows
with Python 2.1. Here is the error message I get:

---------------
>>> import TextTools
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in ?
    import TextTools
  File "C:\Python21\TextTools\__init__.py", line 21, in ?
    from TextTools import *
  File "C:\Python21\TextTools\TextTools.py", line 12, in ?
    from mxTextTools import *
  File "C:\Python21\TextTools\mxTextTools\__init__.py", line 7, in ?
    from mxTextTools import *
ImportError: Module use of python20.dll conflicts with this version of
Python.
---------------

Has anyone else out there gotten such and error or know how to fix it? I
assume it has something to do with a previous installation of python2.0 but
I'm not sure. And even if that were the case, I wouldn't know what to do
about it.

Thanks an advance for any help you can send my way. -Scott

Scott T. Kelley, Ph.D.
Campus Box 347
MCD Biology
University of Colorado