[BioPython] Original query sequence in blastall

Oliver Hofmann o.hofmann@Smail.Uni-Koeln.de
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 18:08:55 +0200

'lo there!

Just taken a look at the very helpful UML diagram for Blast
reports in the Cookbook.

Something I am missing is a way to retrieve the original query
sequence - it's possible to access the query title and length
(blast_record.query, blast_record.query_letters) but apparently
not the orignal sequence?

What I am trying to do is: Run a blastall for a number of
sequences against a mRNA database, keeping those sequences
that have a match. One could probably pass the sequences
indivdually to the blast program, but I was wondering whether
there's a better solution.

Many thanks in advance,

	Oliver

--