[BioPython] Index Error: List index out of range

Jeffrey Chang jchang@SMI.Stanford.EDU
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 20:20:40 +0200

At 1:03 PM -0400 7/19/01, Quoc-Dien Trinh wrote:
>I'm running a python script quite similar to the dictionary.py published in
>the tutorial for biopython. Essentially, the script writes down all
>sequences matching a certain pattern. When I run the script against a small
>database of proteins (e.g. A small proteome), there's no problem, but when I
>try it on bigger proteomes, like the chicken or the human, there's an error
>message stating the list index is out of range.
>
>Can someone help me on this?

Not without a better description of the problem.  I searched through
the tutorial and couldn't find a script called "dictionary.py".
Thus, I don't know what your code looks like, which biopython modules
it's using, or what the error message looks like.  With this little
information, I can't do much, except say to check your sequence
indexes carefully.

Jeff