[BioPython] Eliminating redundancy : how?

Quoc-Dien Trinh quoc-dien.trinh@sympatico.ca
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 00:32:55 -0400

I have a medium selection of protein sequences (about 500) and I wish to
eliminate redundancy. The only method I have thought of so far is to blast
each sequence vs a Blast db created with this selection, and proceed to
eliminate everything of threshold < 0.02 (using BioPython, of course).

Of course, this method is rather long and fastidious; I wonder if anybody
has a better solution to my problem (using BioPython or not).

Thank you for your time,

Quoc-Dien

| Quoc-Dien Trinh         || quoc-dien.trinh@umontreal.ca   |
| Tel.:  (514) 481-2808   || Université de Montréal         |