[BioPython] Novella project

Martin Senger senger@ebi.ac.uk
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 16:11:06 +0100 (BST)

[ sorry for cross-posting ]

I was working on allowing CORBA 2.2 compliant ORBs (those without
valuetypes) to use BSA (Biomolecular Sequence Analysis) compatible
servers (an example in EBI is AppLab).

The new "bridge" project is called Novella. It allows perl users direct
access to the analysis like EMBOSS. I hope that Python people could use it
as well. Part of Novella is also a perl module BSA::Novella::Client that
wraps everything so that the user does not need to use anything visibly
related to the CORBA technology.

I would like to discuss this project, collect your feedback, fix the
problems and finally - perhaps - to make it a part of BioCorba package(s).

The URL is: http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/novella.
Thanks for all suggestions and feedback.

Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger@EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger