[BioPython] Martel IPC9 paper

Andrew Dalke dalke@acm.org
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:41:30 -0700

If you are interested, I wrote a paper for the 9th Python
conference about the Martel work for Biopython.  I have
make it available at

  http://www.biopython.org/~dalke/Martel/ipc9/

It comes to about 21 pages printed and (horror!) includes
an actual image.  Luckily, it isn't in color and is a picture
of a parse tree so my hacker creds are still intact :)

Also, I've been working on a parser comparison paper.
I'm keeping the data for it on-line at
 http://www.biopython.org/wiki/html/BioPython/ParserComparison.html

So far it only contains basic information from my emails
on the subject.  Eventually I hope to turn it into a
publishable paper.

Hmm, thinking about that, if people contribute to a Wiki
document which becomes a paper, do they get coauthor credit?
My memory isn't good enough to remember what I wrote and
what someone else wrote.  Hadn't considered that intersection
of XP and publishing.  So if you contribute, please leave
notes on what you did so I know who gets attribution or
co-authorship!

                    Andrew