[BioPython] some tests failed

Dinakar Desai.Dinakar@mayo.edu
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 04:35:51 -0600

Hello:

This is my first posting about biopython. I am  newbie to the world of
python and biopython. Please bear with me.
I am following the tutorial and cookbook.
This evening I downloaded biopython code and installed it. python
setup.py install. It went well and then went and did br_regrtest
I got the following messages about various test. I can understand few of
them. I think others are to do with new line or so.
The first test is to do with Martel. which I have not install at
present.
test test_align failed -- Writing: 'Ooops, Clustalw parsing requires
Martel, available from:', expected: 'testing reading and writing clustal
format...\012CLUSTAL X '
test_gobase
test test_gobase failed -- Writing: '\012', expected: '\015'
test_prodoc
test test_prodoc failed -- Writing: '\012', expected: '\015'
test_property_manager
test_prosite
test_prosite2
test_rebase
test test_rebase failed -- Writing: '\012', expected: '\015'
test_seq
test_translate
14 tests OK.
4 tests failed: test_align test_gobase test_prodoc test_rebase

I am using debian linux distro with python 2.0. I would appreciate, any
help. If you need more information, please let me know.

Thank you.

dinakar