[BioPython] Molecular phylogeny

Sarah Kummerfeld sarah@k-k.oz.au
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:32:53 +1000 (EST)

> If not, I'd like to write some code for UPGMA, neighbours relation etc which
> would fit seamlessly with the biopython suite (are wrappers preferred?).
> Does this sound like a good idea to anybody? Or has it already been done? If so,
> where can I find it?

I am working on a tool for producing phylogenetic trees through analysis
of intragenic duplication events. I am only in the early stages of the
project, but I have started coding things that might be useful for
others doing phylogenetic analysis, like, the common objective functions
for evaluating alignments.

I had planned to write some code to interface with MSA (I had envisaged
something like the current clustalw interface).

If anyone is going to write code for anything related to this area, I'd
be happy to help.

Sarah