[BioPython] Phylogeny tree plotting? (was: Generating Figures in Python)

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 16:41:48 +0200

"Jan T. Kim" wrote:

> Initial question: Are there any utilities for plotting trees already
> (which I might have overlooked)? Are there already plans for such a
> project?
[...]
> Over a couple of years, I've produced a C program for generating PostScript
> tree graphics out of New Hampshire formatted trees which addresses these
> demands and satisfies them -- to a greater or lesser extent. This hack
> has reached a stage where a major redesign is due, and I started thinking
> that it might be a good idea to redo the whole thing in Python / Biopython.
>
> What do you think?

About trees: they make a subitem on my personal wishlist
for further ReportLab subpackages, namely diagrams.

So far there hasn't been any work on this, but I'm flirting
with something similar to PStricks, a (La)TeX package, for
those who know...

If anybody is interested, please let me know!

Regards,

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman