[BioPython] Status o' biopython documentation

Brad Chapman chapmanb@arches.uga.edu
10 Sep 2000 10:30:58 EDT

Hello all;
	We've been working quite a bit on getting more documentation for
the code. Right now we've got:

* A good sized tutorial for the Biopython parsers and sequence class,
available in html and pdf formats.
* A few code examples in Doc/examples to go along with the documentation.
* API documentation generated automatically by HappyDoc, available as
html.

I put all of this documentation on the web and put a link to it all from
the BiopythonCode Wiki page:

http://www.biopython.org/wiki/html/BioPython/BiopythonCode.html

We'd really like to get feedback from people about the usefulness of
these docs, and what we can do to make them better!

Right now I guess the plan for integrating this LaTeX based documentation
with the Wiki docs is to wait until there is a useful (and relatively
stable!) section of wiki docs, and then find a place for this in the
LaTeX docs and stick it in. This is definately not ideal, but in the
absence of Johann's amazing collaborative documentation system, I'm not
sure what other choices we've got :-). Suggestions are very welcome...

Happy reading!

Brad