[BioPython] script for clustal alignment format

Scott T. Kelley kelleys@ucsu.colorado.edu
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 09:53:03 -0700

Hey bio-Python lovers!

As I am new to the list, let me introduce myself before I ask my question.
My name is Scott Kelley and I am a post-doc in microbiology at the
University of Colorado. I know Andrew (Hi Andrew) through my brother Brian
Kelley who worked with him at Bioreason. I use python for all sorts of work
related tasks, mostly related to obtaining biological sequence data or
editing data into different formats. At the moment, I am working on some
scripts to download data from the COG (Cluster of Orthologous Genes)
database a NCBI to use in my work. In that same vein, I was hoping that
someone could point me to a python script that changed clustal W alignment
formats to some other type of file format such as Fasta. I could probably
write my own, but I thought if one was available... Maybe all this is
included in Biopython? If so, I'll work on getting that running.

Also I wanted to ask if you all are looking for more python code for
biopython? I have a whole bunch of scripts I use for various tasks that
might be of interest. What kinds of things are you looking for?

Thanks in advance for anwsering my questions. -Scott