[BioPython] plans for next release

Brad Chapman chapmanb@arches.uga.edu
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 20:20:32 -0500 (EST)

Jeff:
> > Thomas Sicheritz-Ponten is working on visualization with his xbbtools,
> > using Tk instead of wx, though.

Cayte:
>    I'm not sure its supported on Windows.  The web description mentioned
> Linux but didn't mention Windows.  It imports posix.

Hi Cayte -- I just looked at this using my little bit of Windows/python
knowledge. It looks like Thomas is importing posix/posixpath in all of
the different modules in xbbtools, but never actually using them. I
commented out all of the imports, installed Pmw, and xbbtools seems to
run okay on the machine I was playing on (vanilla Windows 98).

I'm not sure if there is a good reason to import the posix stuff
(Thomas?) but maybe if not, it might be good to get rid of the imports
so it'll run nicely on Windows as well.

Brad