[BioPython] biocorba IDL

Brad Chapman chapmanb@arches.uga.edu
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 18:02:24 -0500 (EST)

Jeff wrote:
> Alan Robinson has made the Biocorba IDL version 0.2.0 is available at:
> http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~alan/BioCorba-0.2.0/

Thanks for pointing this out, Jeff! I think Alan et al. have really
done a great job on the object model (at least, I like it :-), and I
really got a lot out of taking some time to sit down and go through it.

> While it hasn't been implemented yet in the bio* projects, it's a good
> roadmap for the directions in the near future.
>
> Anyone using the biopython-corba module should definitely take a look at
> this.

Yup, I'm planning to move the biopython-corba module to this as soon
as I have some time to do it. If anyone else is using biopython-corba
besides me and has concerns about moving over to this, please let me
know! Or if anyone has a burning desire to help (I can always dream,
can't I? :-), I'm more than open to working with other people on this.

Brad