[BioPython] gui + pickling

Cayte katel@worldpath.net
Tue, 16 May 2000 01:19:24 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: Gary Greyling <gary@egenetics.com>
To: Cayte <katel@worldpath.net>
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2000 1:37 AM
Subject: Re: [BioPython] gui + pickling

> Is there a specific reason you guys plan on using TK ?
>
> In my python exploits i came across wxwindows (http://wxpython.org/) i
found this to be much
> faster under most platforms and to top it looks a whole load better. Just
> thought..

   No, I just saw that the python bio scripts require a lot of code
inspection to use.  So I whipped off a prototype( python is good for that ).
Tkinter seemed to be the most popular gui tool and adequate untl something
better came along..  I didn't expect the prototype to be the final product,
more a seed for discussion , ideas and new iterations of software.

                                          Cayte