[BioPython] Hello and congrats on the marriage of python with biology

Jeffrey Chang jchang@SMI.Stanford.EDU
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 08:51:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi Chris,

Welcome to biopython!  There's certainly a lot of code to be written, so
we're accepting contributions.  There's already some code in there to
query Entrez for medline entries.  Perhaps your sequence retrieval code
could be merged into that.

Do you have access to CVS?  If so, please download a copy of the
repository (instructions at http://cvs.biopython.org/) and take a browse
around.  The code is still under heavy development, though, and stability
varies across files.

There's also a README file in there that outlines things that will need to
be done before a 0.1-alpha release.

Jeff