[BioPython] scop

Steve A. Chervitz steve@neomorphic.com
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 00:00:19 -0700

Cayte wrote:

>    Browsing through the SCOP database, I don't see dom, lin or
> location files, that the SCOP parser leads me to expect.  The site has
> web pages that are roughly like the lin files.  If I look at the HTML
> source, it contains text, that resembles location and dom.  But I'm
> not seeing files that I can feed directly into the
> parser?
> Cayte

Try these URLs for the dom and lin files:

http://scop.berkeley.edu/search.cgi?dir=dom
http://scop.berkeley.edu/search.cgi?dir=lin

The dom file is about 1Mb, the lin file is about  7X that size.

A while back I wrote a bioperl module for working with SCOP data (not
yet contributed, but
possibly soon). It might be useful to compare notes.

Steve