[BioPython] Python as educational tool

hinsen@dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr hinsen@dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 11:41:52 +0200

> programming is about, but given your impression of the state of the project,
> do you think that a biologist after, say, six weeks of python tuition, could
> seriously learn more about computational molecular biology using parts of
> the project?

I don't really know much about the state of the project (lack of time,
as usual), but I do have some experience in teaching Python to
scientists, including biologists. Six weeks of Python tuition
(assuming that this includes practical exercises, not just lectures)
should be sufficient for about everything that a scientist who is not
working in algorithm development is ever likely to need. So as long as
Biopython is in a useable state at all, I would not expect any major
difficulties.

Konrad.