[BioPython] biopython-corba in cvs

Jeffrey Chang jchang@SMI.Stanford.EDU
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 10:03:55 -0800 (PST)

This is great!  Thanks very much for the beautiful implementation, Brad.

Now we have to get the sequence features in core biopython up to speed so
that we can provide a biopython server.  Here is a list of things that we
cannot currently handle, but is in the IDL:
- versioning
- database/source tracking
- sequence types (dna, rna, protein), strandedness

I imagine that we should provide some of these as core sequence
functionality, in some form or another.  Others, I would just as soon
leave in a biocorba extension library.  Anyone want to take this on?

Jeff