[BioPython] Phylogenetics trees

Brad Chapman chapmanb@arches.uga.edu
29 Aug 2000 17:03:26 EDT

Rick Ree wrote:
> Hi folks.  I've been away for 2 months and have just seen this series
>  of posts.	Mavric's code is available for perusal and re-use, and
I'd be
>  happy if it could benefit BioPython in some way.
>  Please tell me how I might contribute the code to BioPython, and if
>  this would be useful.

I personally would be really happy to see Mavric code in BioPython! Greg
just posted his code to parse and work with Newick Trees a few days back
-- I think it would be really great if you both could come together on a
single set of modules to do this kind of stuff that we could work in
BioPython. I'd also be willing to lend a hand on this as well, although I
am still quite green in  phylogenetic analysis stuff. If you and Greg
think this is a good idea, I think you, Greg and I (and anyone else who
is interested!) could hash out a plan either by e-mail or wiki, and then
go forward with it. Let me know what you all think about this.

Brad