[BioPython] The biopython.org web site

Johann Visagie johann@egenetics.com
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 08:29:23 +0200

Jeffrey Chang on 2000-08-28 (Mon) at 22:54:21 -0700:

> Before we go ahead with the change, however, let's run this by Chris
> Dagdigian.  Specifically, I want to make sure that 1) it's ok to run Zope,
> since he may be administering it, and 2) there are no plans for the
> projects' web sites, e.g. moving everything over to sourceforge code.

To answer point (1), Zope is self-contained and requires little maintenance,
and can be run from a non-privileged account.

Since Ewan's posting about the open bioinformatics project yesterday, (2) is
the more interesting point though.  Personally, I'm sitting back now to see
what happens next...

-- Johann