[BioPython] Phylogenetics trees

Greg and Lisa heathen@igs.net
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 08:39:51 -0400

Hello everyone:

I've been lurking in this list for quite a while, and feel bad about not
contributing anything yet. I knw that BioPython is primarily concerned with
sequence analysis tools, but I've been working on a set of classes that read
Newick-formatted phylogenetic trees, and allow you to manipulate them
(re-rooting, ladderizing, deleting leaves, rotating clades, etc.) It can
handle bootstraps, branch lengths, and multifurcating nodes. I'm also
working on a Tkinter front end, but that's a bit further behind. Is there
any interest in having this sort of thing within the BioPython distribution?

    - Greg Singer