[Biopython-dev] Planning to drop Python 2 support by 2020?

João Rodrigues j.p.g.l.m.rodrigues at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 10:49:58 UTC 2017

Hi Peter,

I believe we are on the same page, I just think it's important to mention
these issues explicitly in writing somewhere because they *will* pop up.
The pledge should highlight that it drops support for *developing* for
Python 2.x, and this I completely agree with. However, I am firmly against
dropping *all* support for users stuck with Python 2.x. It's a matter of
wording and interpretation of the pledge text I guess..

So yes, I agree.

Cheers,

João