[Biopython-dev] Biopython 1.70 plans

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 21 16:50:44 UTC 2017

Hello all,

I'd like to get Biopython 1.70 out soon (maybe even this week),
so that we can cover this in the project update talk at BOSC
next month.

This will include the new logo from Patrick:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/pull/1285

I would also like to try this using setuptools only, dropping
our use of the legacy distutils process:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/1183

And, I've almost got the test suite running and passing on
the AppVeyor Windows continuous integration platform:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/1257

Otherwise, I don't think there is anything worth delaying the
release for.

However, there are lots of other pull requests close to being
ready, so if there is something you think should be included
please help by reviewing the pull request, or asking about it
here.

Thanks,