[Biopython-dev] Ideas for Biopython 2.0

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 19 14:58:02 UTC 2017

Yep - that's what I meant :)

i.e. "biopython" (or "biopy" or ...") as a folder name meaning we'd
have for example "biopython/sequences/__init__.py`` which can
be import as "from biopython import sequences" etc.

The NumPy/SciPy like usage pattern for importing had crossed my
mind too - although if we try to minimise the top level automatic
imports I think that is less useful?

(By that I mean that for example people doing clustering would not
want the overhead of lots of sequence code being imported by default)

Peter