[Biopython-dev] Biopython 1.70 release

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 11 10:33:14 UTC 2017

Thank you Mateusz,

That all looks fine to me - the only errors I saw were under Python 3.6 and
were all this kind of thing:

urllib.error.URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED]
certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:749)>

There have been changes in Python itself about HTTPS and SSL certificates,
how exactly to fix that will depend on how Python was installed.

I'm not worried about this from the point of view of the Biopython 1.70
release.

Kind regards,

Peter