[Biopython-dev] Using NumPy/SciPy/scikit-learn approach to building wheels

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 7 15:31:49 UTC 2017

Matthew Brett is happy with this plan :)

I'll be creating a new repository for this (probably next week):

https://github.com/biopython/biopython-wheels

Once that is up and running, the goal would be to make a
trivial commit there to update the version tag, and then TravisCI
and AppVeyor would be triggered to fetch that tagged commit
from the main repository, and build all the compiled wheels for us.

e.g. An example from AstroPy:

https://github.com/MacPython/astropy-wheels/commit/cf5f4e80d3a6644f7aadc6375662209be85ca2c1

For now it would be a manual step (after final QC) to upload
the wheels to PyPI for public use.

Regards,

Peter