[Biopython-dev] Fwd: [Open-bio-l] Google Summer of Code 2017

Adam Kurkiewicz adam at kurkiewicz.pl
Tue Jan 24 12:02:31 UTC 2017

Hi Peter,

I've never done GSOC before, and I'm not sure if I'm reading it right.
My understanding is:

1. A list of proposals is already given.
2. Each proposal needs a declaration of mentorship from at least 2
mentors.

I'd be glad to act as a mentor (especially a secondary mentor, along a
more experienced project member) for a 3 month summer project, if the
proposal was in an area I have an understanding of.

On a separate note, I have a couple of students who have interest in
Bioinformatics and are searching for summer internships. In case they
wanted to apply for GSOC, would they have to write up their own
proposal, or could they apply against an existing proposal?

Adam

--
  Adam Kurkiewicz
  adam at kurkiewicz.pl