[Biopython-dev] Fwd: [blast-announce] A new version (2.6.0) of the BLAST+ executable is available.

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 19 14:12:58 UTC 2017

Thanks Ben,

That looks like relatively few new parameters have been added:

deltablast -save_each_pssm -save_pssm_after_last_round

psiblast -save_each_pssm -save_pssm_after_last_round

rpstblastn -comp_based_stats -use_sw_tback

This means additions to the wrappers' parameter lists (and/or
moving parameters to base classes now more tools use them):

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/blob/master/Bio/Blast/Applications.py

And, a minor tweak to the test script. As an example, a
recent change of this kind was:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/abde2348cbe5f1aa73466232c17b746fb9a8ee6a

If you're happy to tackle this, I would welcome a pull request.

Regards,

Peter