[Biopython-dev] Delays posting to the mailing list

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 13 16:13:24 UTC 2017

Dear Biopythoneers,

Sadly we are new well into December, and the OBF mailman
server is still struggling.

Earlier this month I tried emailing the lists about possible changes
with a view to migrating the active OBF mailing lists to a paid
hosting solution.

In brief, we may retire the biopython-annouce mailing list (but
continue to use the OBF blog and Twitter):

https://twitter.com/biopython
https://news.open-bio.org/category/obf-projects/biopython/

And, given most of our development discussion now happens
on GitHub, I think we could happily combine the main
biopython and biopython-dev lists.

I've also mentioned this on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Biopython/status/940006300456570880
https://twitter.com/Biopython/status/940006528307859456
https://twitter.com/Biopython/status/940006591629332485

Any objections, please reply to the main Biopython list
and/or the biopython-dev list (and CC me in case the
mailman server never passes it on).

Thanks,

Peter