[Biopython-dev] Biopython 2017 Project Update talk @ BOSC 2017, Prague?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 12 10:05:15 UTC 2017

I've attached the PDF as of this commit, comments welcome (ideally
today):

https://github.com/cbrueffer/talks/commit/d2345c2ee0e46424e292dd410d6625398cbc349c

I'd like to include something about on going efforts to encourage contributions
with our inclusive acknowledgement practice, and highlight Biopython 1.69's
record 49 named contributors and 28 newcomers, while balancing this being
8 months worth of work (longer than usual, but Biopython 1.67 was also 8
months worth and not as many names).

That's what this tweet https://twitter.com/Biopython/status/850344505253531650
aimed to do:

> Biopython 1.69 released with 8 months worth of work - thank you to record
> 49 named contributors inc 28 newcomers 🐍🎉😀
> https://news.open-bio.org/2017/04/07/biopython-1-69-released/

Any wording suggestions? We need to submit this tomorrow!

Peter