[Biopython-dev] Online tools to track our test coverage & code quality

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed May 11 14:28:06 UTC 2016

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 5:07 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 8:12 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> No one has objected, and I found it useful at least, so I'm planing
>> to enable the CodeCov.io coverage integration in the next few
>> days. Currently I do not plan to enable Coveralls.io for the main
>> Biopython repository.
>>
>> Any comments/objections/better ideas?
>
> This is live now at https://codecov.io/github/biopython/biopython/

The CodeCov team have made that site more beautiful since I last
visited it directly: https://codecov.io/gh/biopython/biopython

Clicking down the modules makes it easy to see where we could
do with more coverage, subject to the proviso about tests with
dependencies:

> Note that some parts of the code will wrongly appear to have low
> test coverage - this happens when we have a test but it is not
> being run on TravisCI due to missing a dependency, or it is an
> online test.

> If anyone familiar with codecov.io and/or coverages can see
> why it shows the Bio/ coverage information but not BioSQL/
> information, please speak up.

That didn't solve itself, and I haven't looked into it any further.
The relevant command we run in TravisCI is:

coverage run --source=Bio,BioSQL run_tests.py --offline