[Biopython-dev] Preparing for Biopython 1.67

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 3 16:15:16 UTC 2016

Hello again,

That time plan failed due to the sudden need to do the website migration.

However, if you've been watching the commits on GitHub you might
have guessed from things like cleaning up the warnings from the test
suite, recently I've been focusing on getting ready for Biopython 1.67.

It may be tempting fate, but I hope to do the release next week -
and in the process update the instructions where needed due to
the website move to GitHub pages:

http://biopython.org/wiki/Building_a_release

On a related note, does anyone have any thoughts on how we
have been tagging the releases so far in git? i.e. annotated tags
versus the currently used "lightweight tags", see:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython.github.io/issues/56

Thanks,

Peter