[Biopython-dev] Problems with the tutorial

Vincent Davis vincent at vincentdavis.net
Thu Jan 14 15:06:19 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 6:44 AM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Tiago,
>
> Was any of this version of python specific?

Good question, I have to assume the tutorials worked when they were
written. My impression is that the issues are not a result of any specific
cause, like Python 3, rather a result of the tutorial going stale as the
project moved along. I have not been around to what so can't really say.

The cluster tutorial has very little code that can be run, but it is a good
tutorial of clustering.

Why have separate documentation/tutorial/cookbook here?
http://biopython.org/wiki/Documentation  (Wiki documentation section)
and
http://biopython.org/wiki/Category:Cookbook

What I think would be cool. Static Jupiter notebooks as documentation
(think nbviewer http://nbviewer.ipython.org/) with a link to launch the
notebook into a Live executable jupyter notebook, see:
https://lambdaops.com/ipythonjupyter-tmpnb-debuts/  Or just export as .py
 or more boring pdf/html
Since I think this would be cool I have been working to making this happen,
Any thoughts?

I have been busy with a few other projects recently, hope to get back to
this soon.

Vincent Davis