[Biopython-dev] Site Down?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 12 09:29:20 UTC 2016

Yes, presumably MediaWiki was unable to connect to the MySQL database?
There is a cronjob now to restart that but basically the underlying AWS
machine is probably a little underpowered for current usage.

The OBF is looking at migration options for the wiki, one option is GitHub
pages. Input welcome,

https://github.com/peterjc/mediawiki_to_git_md
https://github.com/peterjc/peterjc.github.io/
https://github.com/OBF/OBF.github.io/

See also https://github.com/bioperl/bioperl.github.io where rather than
worrying about the wiki history Brian has focused on the visual styling.
I'm hoping we can apply his work on top of the migrated history...

Peter