[Biopython-dev] Biopython 1.68 plans (mid August?)

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 25 11:08:00 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I'll try to do the Biopython release this week...
>
> Peter

I started yesterday and discovered Jekyll 3.2 has broken our
use of GitHub Pages because of colons in MediaWiki URLs,
and resolved that:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython.github.io/issues/96

I'm trying again today, and already found one minor issue
which would have been caught earlier if the TravisCI/Tox
setup build the tar-ball and installed it to run the tests:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/9efd8c0e9f8fcd73c3c9b62a280912c6f5a2c9cd

Right now the main frustration with the manual build process
is discovering things like this during the build - new warnings
from epydoc are another common issue I'd found in the past.
Automating more of this (e.g. with TravisCI) would be good.

I've got epydoc working under TravisCI/Tox (on a branch), but
sadly in strict mode it seems to always fail (e.g. shadowing of
variable names in Bio.PDB which I suspect fixing might break
backward compatibility).

I'll keep you posted - but hope to finish the release this afternoon.