[Biopython-dev] Fwd: Important notice about your projects on PyPI

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Fri Sep 25 14:02:39 UTC 2015

Peter;

> It looks like as a side effect of the "Auto-hide old releases" feature
> Biopython 1.63b was the shown as the current entry on PyPI - probably
> the most recent uploaded as I would guess Biopython 1.63, 1.64 and
> 1.65 were already hosted on PyPI (they were not on the list in the email
> notice).
>
> I've gone in via the PyPI clunky web-interface to make 1.65 the default
> again (hide 1.63b, unhide 1.65, click change).

Thanks so much for catching this and for filing the bug upstream. That's my
fault, I just ran the script and didn't check.

> My guess is we don't need to tweak or build process so that future source
> code tar-balls get pushed up to PyPI automatically?
>
> http://biopython.org/wiki/Building_a_release

Yes, I think we're good to go here and have been doing this for all the recent
releases.

> Should we make the next step as suggested in their FAQ to change
> our PyPI hosting mode to:
>
> * Only allow files hosted on PyPI. This is the default, preferred, and will be
> the only available option.

Sounds good to me. They're going to force it on us in three months anyways so
no harm in changing over now.

Thanks again,
Brad