[Biopython-dev] Reproducible Biopython VM images

Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio dalloliogm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 14:00:27 UTC 2015

Hello,
this is a very interesting discussion. For docker containers there is
already a Bio-Docker repository on github:
- http://biodocker.github.io/
- https://github.com/BioDocker

It also contains a BioPython image, although Tiago's containers are more
complete and include many tutorials.

Best,
Gio

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 11:54 AM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 9:46 AM, Christian Brueffer
> <christian at brueffer.de> wrote:
> > Hi Tiago,
> >
> > nice work!  Looks like my Vagrant stuff in redundant indeed and I can
> > abandon it.
> >
> > Any chance we can make this a bit more visible?  A paragraph in the
> README
> > would be a good start; I can whip something up if we agree this is a good
> > idea.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Chris
>
> Related to this, if there is general interest we could have another
> repository on GitHub for docker containers (much like we have
> a small repository for Biopython's Galaxy packaging).

Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio, PhD
Division of Cancer Studies,
King's College of London (UK)

My blog on bioinformatics: http://bioinfoblog.it