[Biopython-dev] [GSoC] Project Proposal for Google Summer of Code

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 3 18:25:17 UTC 2015

Thanks Joshua,

Outside GSoC, adding glycoinformatics to Biopython sounds interesting.
As far as I know none of our existing contributors do much in this area,
so our feedback may be limited to Python style (PEP8 please) and
practicalities like unit tests and documentation.

We should probably also ask on the main Biopython mailing list - that
might reveal some potential users of the code?

Is your code public already? e.g. GitHub or Bitbucket?

Are there any pre-existing licences associated with your code? Can
you simply adopt the Biopython Licence? This like the MIT/BSD
licence in spirit (indeed we're considering moving to the 3-clause
BSD licence as that is more mainstream).

After a brief debate about appropriate namespace(s), I would suggest
you fork our repository and work on a branch...

Regards,

Peter