[Biopython-dev] A modification to BioSQL

Brian Osborne bosborne11 at verizon.net
Wed Jun 24 15:58:24 UTC 2015

Peter,

Tested the ctSkennerton code, it does what you’d expect. When a SeqRecord is loaded with a feature like this:

feat = SeqFeature(loc, qualifiers={"host": "human"}, type="test_domain")

the SeqFeature in the database has the default “source_term” of 'EMBL/GenBank/SwissProt’.

But this:

feat = SeqFeature(loc, qualifiers={"source": "NCBI", "host": "human"}, type="test_domain”)

sets the source_term to “NCBI”.

Thanks again,

Brian O.