[Biopython-dev] NCBIWWW.qblast: Question about expected run time and time outs

Lev Tsypin ltsypin at uchicago.edu
Mon Jun 22 14:49:34 UTC 2015

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately, I think that might not be an option for me. The software I'm
trying to write is meant to be an open-source tool that researchers would
just be able to use without extensive set up required. I'm afraid that I
won't be able to ask people to install standalone BLAST and learn to use
computer clusters, without losing the accessibility of the program.

Do you think that this is really the BLAST server being busy? As I said, I
didn't have any problems for a long time. The average time to get a BLAST
result back would be about 6-7 minutes. Now I just don't get through.

Best,
Lev