[Biopython-dev] Tutorial

Tiago Antao tra at popgen.net
Sat Dec 12 21:40:34 UTC 2015

Hi,

Vincent Davis and me have been trying to convert the tutorial to
notebook format.
Currently I adapted a test script from Vincent and generated a
travis.yml file
https://travis-ci.org/tiagoantao/biopython-notebook

We now have a framework to automatically test tutorial code as soon as
it is translated to notebooks.

There are a couple of things that I have noticed:

1. Some code is not being tested in the current tutorial framework (if
that was the case then errors should have been raised - ex files that
cannot be downloaded anymore)

2. Some downloads are quite big and I suspect that we should try to
make them smaller as they can be a big burden on users.

Tiago