[Biopython-dev] tabs in doctest results?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 4 21:32:13 UTC 2015

Hi Vincent,

When you have potentially escaped characters in a doctest,
you may have to make the entire docstring a raw string, i.e.

r"""The first line

More text here including the doctest.
"""

See for example the format method in Bio/SeqRecord.py where
we do this to handle a new line character.

Another option here could be to change the code to produce
space aligned __str__ output? Ask Eric first though.

Peter