[Biopython-dev] Docker containers

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 6 20:25:45 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 8:25 PM, Björn Grüning <bjoern at gruenings.eu> wrote:
> Hi Tiago,
>
> I will give it a try to submit a PR!
>
> Is there any interest in having a biopython dockerhub account?
> @peter do you like me to register one?

This seems sensible - Tiago, OK with you?

If it needs an email address I suggest using biopython-dev-owner
at biopython.org which should be available to the project and not
tied to any single individual. I think I've already setup a gravatar
for that account or biopython-owner at ... for our GitHub user logo.

> Idea is to have something like:
>
> biopython/biopython_python2.7:1.65
> biopython/biopython_python2.7:dev
> biopython/biopython_python3.4:1.65
> biopython/notebooks:dev
>
> (I don't like the _python2.7)
>
> Or maybe this ...
>
> biopython/biopython:py27_1.65
> biopython/biopython:py27_dev
> biopython/biopython:py34_1.65
> biopython/notebooks:py34_dev

The second is shorter but I'm not familiar with the conventions
on docker hub which ought to have some good precedents?