[Biopython-dev] Adding a new package to Biopython

Evan Parker eparker05 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 06:30:20 UTC 2014

Hi Mario!

A good starting point is at the wiki page on contributing (
http://biopython.org/wiki/Contributing) an outline of what makes a good
contribution and what criteria your code needs to meet is covered
thoroughly there. The Git usage document
(http://biopython.org/wiki/GitUsage) is
helpful if you haven't forked a project on GitHub before; once ready, code
is submitted by making a pull request on GitHub.

Even if the module is not fully ready yet, you might consider providing
more details on the module to this list so we could give early feedback
and/or connect you with somebody that maintains similar code in Biopython.
If your module is currently hosted on Github or another public repository,
posting it would be really useful.

-Evan