[Biopython-dev] Documentation Status

Yanbo Ye yeyanbo289 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 09:00:15 UTC 2014

For the Tutorial of Sphinx, here is a Chinese version that we translated
last year. All format seems ok, including  equations, chapter hyperlinks,
references, etc. But it cannot pass the pdf compiling process on
readthedocs.  I'm not a expert on this. Maybe someone can give it a try.

http://biopython-cn.readthedocs.org/zh_CN/latest/index.html

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 1:10 AM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 6:02 PM, Travis Wrightsman <twrig002 at ucr.edu>
> wrote:
> > Thank you for the introduction!
> >
> > It looks like the Align/Applications package is mostly in epydocs format.
> > I'll see what work I can do to convert the docstrings into
> reStructuredText
> > module by module or file by file.
>
> Great.
>
> > I will also see if I can install the Sphinx compiler on my linux server
> and
> > test the output as I go along. Are both Sphinx and Epydocs compatible
> with
> > both reStructuredText and epydocs format?
>
> No. Sphinx does not understand the epydoc markup - at least, last time I
> checked:
> http://blastedbio.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/markup-support-for-python-project.html
>
> However, epydoc understands several formats including its own markup
> AND reStructuredText.

*Yanbo Ye*
*Guangzhou Institutes of Biomedicine and Health, *
*Chinese Academy of Sciences*
*190 Kaiyuan Avenue, Science Park, Guangzhou, China*

*Email: ye_yanbo at gibh.ac.cn <ye_yanbo at gibh.ac.cn>*
*Web: http://www.yeyanbo.com <http://www.yeyanbo.com>*
*Phone: (86)-020-32093810*