[Biopython-dev] TravisCI BioSQL - TypeError: unhashable type: 'bytearray'

Chris Mitchell chris.mit7 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 23:18:41 UTC 2014

Also for a fix, i haven't tried this yet but my guess is the
mysql-connector-python update is returning bytearrays (maybe a python3
move?). So we need to wrap the cursor for each result. Currently, we check
if each element is of type bytes, which is an str but a bytearray is an
array of ints. So we should be doing something like if isinstance(xxx[],
(bytes, int)): xxx[0].decode('utf-8')

Sent from my phone.