[Biopython-dev] Time for Biopython 1.65?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 17 16:32:06 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Compared to our typical release cycle, we're a bit overdue
for releasing Biopython 1.65.

Thanks to the NBDC/DBCLS BioHackathon 2014, I was
able to spend most of last week working on the Biopython
pull request and issues backlog - so things are looking much
better now.

Things I think we need to fix first:

 * PhyloXML output under Python 3
    https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/368

Things I would like to have:

 * Evan's lazy loading as an experimental feature
   https://github.com/biopython/biopython/pull/356

 * Proof reading of epydoc's reStructuredText API docs
   (which should now be much prettier than our last release)

Things worth wider discussion (and maybe a beta release):

 * String-like equality for Seq objects
   https://github.com/biopython/biopython/pull/359

Feedback on these or patches on other issues most
welcome. Is there anything else I've overlooked which
justifies delaying a release?

Tiago kindly did the last couple of releases, but unless
we have another volunteer I am willing to do this one.

Thanks,