[Biopython-dev] MANIFEST.in woes

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu May 29 16:11:35 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Tiago Antao <tra at popgen.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After making the source distributable, I got a test failure (on the
> Phylo tutorial). This was caused by the fact that the example dnd file
> was not added to MANIFEST.in.
>
> I am inclined to suggest trying to add a buildbot step (actually two)
> with:
>
> 1. a test after making the distributable
>
> 2. a epydoc test

Those are good ideas.

The test after making the distributable tar-ball and zip file is
on the manual script [*], but having this done routinely would
catch things upfront. Do you think is would be fairly trivial to
do this with one or more of the Linux build targets?

Likewise epydoc... could that be a special build target which
just runs the epydoc test not run_tests.py?

Peter

[*] http://biopython.org/wiki/Building_a_release