[Biopython-dev] Installation instructions

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu May 29 15:53:56 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 3:23 PM, Tiago Antao <tra at popgen.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Immediately after the release I have found an area that needs some more
> love before releasing: the installation instructions.
>
> There is nowhere in the release procedure that the installation
> instructions are to be updated AND copied to the website.
>
> I think we need to add these two points to the release procedure.

Hmm. Good point - historically the installation instructions have
been updated infrequently but you are right, this would be a good
policy. Something to add to the script:
http://biopython.org/wiki/Building_a_release

> I will also have a look at the current instructions and maybe update
> them?
>
> Tiago

Yes please - fresh eyes always help, especially where the authors
or previous maintainers took things for granted.

Thanks,