[Biopython-dev] Preparing the release assorted epydoc notes

Tiago Antao tra at popgen.net
Thu May 29 10:08:05 UTC 2014

Hi,

Some assorted notes in real-time

1. epydoc - It would be nice to run it from time to time to find
minor errors. I will correct (after release) some of the minor things
and feedback to the list on major things

2. epydoc - I am running it from the github directory (against the
advice of the release page), but just because the advice there needs to
be corrected. I am hitting 2 import errors (which I think happen to be
OK):

In /home/tra/biopython-1.64/Bio/KDTree/__init__.py:
| Import failed (but source code parsing was successful).
|     Error: ImportError: cannot import name _CKDTree (line 15)

| In /home/tra/biopython-1.64/Bio/Cluster/__init__.py:
| Import failed (but source code parsing was successful).
|     Error: ImportError: No module named cluster (line 8)

I think one is meta-code generated on the fly and the other is C imports

I think we will need to edge out point 15 of the release instructions
(after release). A minor thing

Tiago